Wednesday, April 11, 2012

ARRIVAL and Other Updates and Prayer Requests!

The time has finally arrived: I am in Temecula, CA and I begin my work with Global Recordings Network tomorrow (April 12th)!

TRAVELS:
My Dad accompanied me on my drive down (which was a huge blessing) and is flying back to Portland, OR tonight (April 11th).

Thank you so much for your prayers! They were heard during the travels down south. Things went very smoothly for the most part. The only hang up (if you haven't already heard) were some brake troubles just south of San Francisco. The right, front brake began acting up, and once we got the car on a jack to check it out, the wheel had totally locked up. After some prayer, and a lot of waiting on the phone with the insurance company, a tow truck came out to help us out. Our insurance would cover the first $100, but it would be quite a bit more than that to get it towed where we needed to be. HOWEVER, God provided and as soon as we got the wheel back on, the brake let loose and we were able to drive down to Santa Cruz (our next stop) where we could find a shop on our own. The price of the tow company call-out was less than $100, so it was covered by insurance.

Anyway, that was a little blessing story during our travels. The rest of the blessing was just having safe and smooth travels the rest of the time, and a great time with family during the holidays.

OTHER UPDATES:

  • I'm pretty much all moved in to my new home here and have been enjoying my time getting to know my roommate and his fiancĂ©. 


  • My Dad and I took a brief tour of the office today and I'm really looking forward to beginning my training at work tomorrow. There is a lot of need in the U.S. office, and they've been praying for extra help in this department for a long time, so I'm very excited to be able to help out and serve the best I can.
  • We have a cat :)
  • I've found quite a few bicycling opportunities around town and am really looking forward to riding to work.
Prayer Requests:
  • That I would adjust and learn quickly with my work in the office, so that I will be most effective in serving with GRN.
  • The workers in the GRN offices around the world, that they would stay excited, motivated and encouraged by the work they are doing in order to tell all the nations about Jesus Christ.
  • Recordists and translators in various countries around the world, that they would stay safe, excited and encouraged as well.
  • My roommate Kevin and Ruth as they plan their wedding and travels up to Canada.

**That's all for now! God bless and thank you all for your support! More updates and pictures to come :)

-Matt



And now... PICTURES!
 Oregon Caves
 Oregon Caves - Icicles on cave entrance
 Made it past the border
 Clovers amongst the mighty redwoods
 Redwoods
 Golden Gate Bridge
 Lighthouse - name unknown
 Lighthouse
Paraglider off the coast

No comments:

Post a Comment